Home > Events/Programs > Family
ABOUT FAMILY SCIENCE NIGHT
Family Science Night presents science related activities at your school for parents and children to enjoy together as they participate in a variety of hands on projects.
The goals of Family Science Night are to provide:
* Students and their families the opportunity to find "science" in real world activities.
* Cooperative learning activities that develop problem solving, questioning, and communication skills.
* Meaningful science study opportunities using many commonly found, everyday materials.
* Involvement in the scientific process - making predictions, collecting and evaluating data, modifying the original experiment, and trying again.
Research shows that student test scores and enjoyment of learning dramatically increase with parent participation. Thus Family Science Night seeks to involve parents by presenting:
* Opportunities for parents and students to be partners in learning.
* Informal learning activities that supplement the child's school experience.
* Activities that use inexpensive and readily available materials.
Rates and Guidelines for use:
* The program is available for grades 2-6 at your school, 6:30 - 8:00 PM. Please contact us for available dates.
* Adult volunteers are required: A minimum of 25 teachers and parents.
* Participation is limited to the maximum number of people permitted in the school multi-purpose room.
* Topics for examination include motion/physics, air, physical senses, animals/botany/biology, chemistry, electricity and magnetism, optical illusions, optics, and sound. Activities change on a regular basis as we create new ones.
* For information and reservations contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org